Sabah as a whole covers an area of 73,620 square kilometres (7.362 million hectares) and situated at 4° - 8° latitude and 115° - 120° longitude. To enhance its efficency and effectiveness, the Administration structure of Lands & Surveys Department is divided into 7 Sections to administer the 24 districts under it. The ITSG(LSD)-Sabah State Computer Services Department, under the Land Information System Section is playing a very important role in providing professional ICT technical support to the Department in its efforts towards enhancing and establishing its various aspects of delivery system to the community.
The Roles Of ITSG(LSD)-Sabah State Computer Services Department
- To act as change agent in the Department through ICT acculturation.
- To enhance ICT usage in daily work in the Department.
- To ensure that Electronic Government applications are used fully by the staff in the Department.
- To provide ICT technical support towards successful ICT expansion programmes and efforts.
- To play the role as 'Mini JPKN' in the context of the Department computerisation mission.
To provide user-friendly, timely and quality ICT support services professionally to the Department towards an excellent delivery system.